Sunday, December 9, 2007

Imagine.

You hold my hand in yours and we're all set for a future together.

We aren't married yet. But you know I'm who you wanna be with for the rest of our lives. That's the unique part of our relationship. We knew from the beginning... even if it seemed like gut feeling at first.

God kept guiding us and we soon became clear.

It's the first time you hold my hands... for real.

We're walking by the canal or river or sea. You grab my left hand and you give me that charming smile. It charms no one else besides God and I. No other girl. No one else, not even your mum.

You sigh deeply - A sigh that we've come so far together. Just the beginning of another chapter, but nevertheless challenging yet beyond that, beautiful and God-led.

I smile back sweetly, noticing that we've been pacing nearly a few hundred metres without dropping our smiles.

Sorry to interrupt but... wow, you're old. Well you look old in the future I'm imagining. I mean like mature... stature. Posture. Man!

A sorta British-India-style light blue shirt with some light khaki flowy pants. Haha. Oops. Spoiled the mood. Hehe?


I don't mean to put any pressure on you, but you're so beautiful as I imagined you to be. Okay more like in my imagination, you're so beautiful. You've got such a charming smile. We've made it through the years... You're so God-sharpened, reflecting His character. And you love God like crazy. And you love me like crazy. And somehow it causes you and I to tingle inside.

Well spontaneously, if you love God, you'd love your wife. I mean it's instant click-click thing, ya know? Hehe.

There'll be tough times but God made you a strong man. You're not the best conversationalist, but you're a family man and have the desire to make right a bad relationship with me. Well since family in my imagination only consist of God and you and me, in the immediate family... so it's basically, you're a good husband.

You make time for God and working is not your second priority. You read Scripture. You support me with it. You're patient. You're understanding. And you want to reflect God's character and help me be closer with God.

There will be times when you're down. But that's when it's my turn to help you out. There will be times when you're angry. But I'll wait it out. Besides I mean... guys don't get angry for too long. And sorry but even if you're angry with me, your needs still persists. So well, if you need it, you'll get it. Unless of course, God doesn't want me to.

It applies. Husband is always above wife, of course. So don't forget your duties.

It gets tiring after a while, but God keeps you going, loving me. Everything returns to its normal order with God. If things don't go back great, then God's just testing. A heated argument doesn't end in divorce. In fact, divorce and violence is out of the question. Speaking in tongues as a substitution for vulgarities is welcomed. Crying is more welcomed. Talking is too. Do remind me not to get angry too. And remember that we should resolve all problems and keep out anger before the sun goes down so we won't give the devil a foothold.

We'll confide in one another. There's nothing to hide.

And even in our 70s, we'll be hugging and kissing and doing more than that. We'll enjoy spending time with one another. Not seeing each other would be a pain. But if I die, you'll let go. You'll cry and think of all the great times we spent together, but you still follow God.

Oh and I forgot...

The thing I said about loving and feeling the tingling sensation of joy and love...

One of the only ways to express that...

is through TICKLING ME!!!!!!!

AAHHHHH!!!


Shen 12/09/2007 12:25:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment