Saturday, November 6, 2010

In agreement

Last night we were discussing pretty intensively about the Gospel and the supernatural. We seem to have a wall of some form, we don't seem to be open to each others' views. You seem to be afraid that I might become obsessed with the supernatural. And I am afraid that the differences in thinking may cause a rift between us. I compared it to how a non-Christian and a Christian communicate. I suppose we've gotta learn to lay the foundations and common ground for empathic understanding.

I thought about us.

We agree in so many aspects. But in some we still disagree. God placed us together, agreeing in so many aspects, perhaps more than other couples do. I think it was so, so that we waste no time fighting over the small areas in which people usually disagree on.

Instead, we channel our time, energies and efforts into discovering and developing that which we know, and that which we still have not known. And we do so in hope of knowing God more and knowing the Bible and Gospel in more than the common aspects, that we may share a fuller picture than what is often told to others now. This is so that we can give a fresh new perspective on the Bible for non-believers, pre-believers, new Christians and especially old bored Christians like myself.

What do you think of this?

By the way, I was flipping through the iPod looking for verses on signs and wonders and their significance in the Christian walk. I already gave you a couple of verses over the phone, like Matthew 11:20-24 and the ending verses of Mark. I happened to open the ESV application instead of the Bible one. It was at 2 Peter 3:14-18. I suppose God is speaking to you and me.

2 Peter 3:16-18
... as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment