Thursday, February 24, 2011

Opposite personalities

Pondered over us, again. I do that a lot, I realised.

Today, we both thought about when we met each other, at the same time. Cool huh? We're often connected in spirit, it seems.

You messaged this:
"I'm doing a bit of reflection. When we were still 'friends' (haha), I prayed to God admitting to Him how I felt about you. "Finally, a real friend! A beautiful human being! I... I think I like her!"

I had a few thoughts about you the past few days, like I always do.

I think I forgot to reply you after you asked what same thoughts I was having. I was thinking about when we still 'friends', how I was won over by you, how it seemed everyone knew from the start while we were merely colleagues and thought it ridiculous and puzzling when they thought you liked me. It was literally the start; you only interacted with me on March 2 and on March 4 I had a fellow asking me if I was attached and telling me that if I were single, I would be chased by someone in the office. That was pretty random and I shrugged it off.

Mad was talking to me just yesterday about when she saw our relationship status changed some few months after you and I met. She talked to me for a brief moment after seeing that and she just knew I was elated over us.

And just now, as I was taking a fast 6-minute bus ride home after dinner, I reflected about our personality types. Many people have said that it was bad to get together with someone whose personality is the total opposite of one's own personality type. They said you'd find that you'd disagree with the person on many counts, especially because of that rift in personalities and probably also in the ways of thinking.

From a psychological personality-type viewpoint, you're an ENFP and I'm an ISTJ. We're complete opposites.

Yet, you are my best friend. We never seem to run out of topics to talk about. We share a bulk of things in common. We speak on the same wavelength and frequencies and whatever other creative name you could have for that.

And above the details, we're connected in spirit.

Would we drift apart because we possess opposite personality types?

I remember talking in the office one Saturday last year, with Glen and a few others about MBTI personality testing. I remember pointing to your empty brown desk in the office and I said that you were ENFP. I remembered giving a hesitant chip-in "He's the complete opposite of me", pointing awkwardly to that desk your normally sat at to work. He asked "who?" I uncomortably replied "Shawn?" I vaguely remember him replying with something along the lines of "complete opposites may not necessarily be the best for each other". Then I thought to myself, "Well, nobody said anything about getting together with him..."

Psychology has it that we're the best companions for each other's growth from a humanistic perspective. It is true.

I, the introverted sensing thinking judging me, have grown with you and still am growing with you.
And I love you, especially for your opposite personality, you extrovert intuitive feeling perceiving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment