I remember I told you to keep away from me for a few months until my birthday this year, to give me time to recuperate from the earlier parasites.
You're a great - if not perfect - representation of God's love, how He would take me in His hands and embrace me with love. Without you I would have taken 10 years - or at least 5 - to heal.
You pursued me, in the very beginning, although I was legalistically unavailable.
You pursued me, even though I had walls from cognitive dissonance against you.
You pursued me, despite what I told you to do, to stay away from me, like how I sometimes tell God to do too.
You pursued me, when I was highly burnt-out and worn-out, at my most broken, most depressed state thus far.
You pursued me, bearing with my flaws and ill consequences of the years of nonsense that has shaped me.
You pursued me, with perseverance and journeyed with me with patience.
P.S. I know the focus of our lives is on God and I know full well we can go into the theology of that. But really, for this blog, spare me the idealism. I really want to credit all these to you.
You nurtured and cared for that seed in me that God planted and will water (yes, I just have to add that, hur).
You nurtured and cared that it may one day grow into a tree bearing beautiful flowers and sweet fruit.
No comments:
Post a Comment